Wednesday 8 August 2012

MY POEM



                                                                       
Female:


Don't just sit there get a move on,
You can't afford to stay idle don't you know people are watching?
Wash you brother’s clothes,
Cook dinner for your father,
Go to the market,
Do I have to tell you everything? You’re going to have your own family one day!!!

I have to strive to please her,
Don't want to disappoint,
People may say she didn't raise me well,
It's hard being diligent,
I must persevere,
This is the world I find myself in,
My brothers are so fortunate.
Maybe if I get it right this time,
I can negotiate how I come the next time!!

Your daughter is such a fine young lady,
She'll make a good wife yet,
We have to start arranging people for her,
She seems quite ready,
She'll fetch a good price because of her upbringing,
There are advantages having a female after all...

Wrote this one slow boring day in the office,just rediscovered it and decided to share it. Drop your thought' s on what you think about it,*ahem* constructive thought's only. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not bad at all,imagery`s good but i think you gave it out too easily,from the word go i saw the picture you were painting........i think thats one sin poets often fall into in their quest to get the reader spellbound.Once again nice piece,maybe you should also request for poems fror your blog..Lawrence Maxwell(MGP)

L.B said...

I liked it, simple and straight to the point. Nostalgic on how things used to be.