Tuesday 24 July 2012

WHEN DO I SAY I LOVE YOU?

 Considering the question i asked on the caption? my answer is i have no idea,lol, but i do know some one that does... Yangki Christine Akiteng is a love doctor and she says saying those words I LOVE YOU is a big deal *rolling my eyes*. Now that we have covered the bases,here's some other things she said.

The exchange of the words "I love you" mark a big milestones in any relationship. But both men and women sometimes find it difficult to say "I love you" because they are afraid of what the other might say. A client told me he had tried many times to say the words but somehow could not bring himself to say them. When he finally said "I love you", she replied "It's about time". Another one told me when he first said the words, she had tears running down her cheeks, and seeing how happy she was encouraged him to say the words more often. So when should you tell the other person you're totally under their spell' I've read and heard other 

Relationships "experts" say that "I love you" should come only on the tenth date or after you've dated someone for four months. Personally, I think that is all  bull shit . Saying "I love you" is a very personal experience, and every person has their own different timetable for saying it. Some people say it right away with a new person, while others prefer to wait a while to be 150% certain that they truly love the person they are saying it to.

However, it is usually a bad idea to tell someone you love them on the first date or even second date. The person might think that you say it to everyone you date and the reality is, on the first date, you don't really know a thing about this person. The first date might have been great but there is a ninety-nine-point-ninety-nine percent chance that this person may not always be all well dressed, well mannered and charming. Wait at least until you know more about the person.

If after thinking it through you are convinced that you know enough about this person, mentally and emotionally prepare yourself for the moment. Easing into the moment by letting the other person know how much they mean to you and how they make your life richer, and speaking clearly while holding eye contact can make it a little less nerve-wrecking.

This article went on for a bit but the general tone of the article is there isn't and i guess shouldn't be a particular time to express your love for someone but it is quite clear that there should be a waiting period before you do tell someone those three magical words. Take note these words mean a lot so don't misuse it,when you do say it mean it!! and for the folks that drop those 3 words with reckless abandon? i think it's time to repent  lol.